If you have a Macintosh and need support, your MacRecycleClinic volunteers are here to help. We can diagnose and repair your out-of-warranty Mac (or offer suggestions if we can’t), install hardware and software for you or just answer questions.
Note that we do NOT repair Macs under warranty – best to take your computer to the Mac Gurus at Apple or other local Apple retailer.
MacRecycleClinic is open Monday evenings from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at the Four Corners campus of Silver Spring United Methodist Church (formally Marvin Memorial United Methodist Church) in the Four Corners area of Silver Spring across from Montgomery Blair High School.
NOTE: We follow the Montgomery County Public Schools calendar. Please double check to see if we are open or not via this website or social media (@macrecycleclinic or macrecycleclinic on Facebook.)
All we ask in return for our efforts is a donation. A good place to start is $25.00 -$30.00 an hour. All funds help pay for insurance, tools, etc. that we need to continue serving the community. We can take cash, check or credit card.
- Your Macintosh computer. Laptop users please bring your power supply.
- We have keyboards, cables and monitors.
- If you are coming to have us install hardware or software, please remember to bring the item(s) with you.
- No need to bring tools – we have everything needed!
- If you would like us to help with a software upgrade, or install a new OS on your Mac, come as close to 7 p.m. as you can or contact us and let us know you will be coming. Software updates can take time. If we can’t install something during your visit, we can make other arrangements or teach you how to do the installation at home.
Still not sure what to bring? Call the office before coming or send us a message through the “Contact Us” page and we can help you.